“When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don’t get to decide that you didn’t.” – Louis C.K.
- Getting my power back after being really hurt for over a month. The quote “When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don’t get to decide that you didn’t.” – Louis C.K. I told somebody what they did that hurt me this morning. That person I know doesn’t care because they don’t think they did anything wrong but they don’t get to decide, and that gives me my power back.
- My Costuming Crown Building workshop today. I sign up for this about 6 weeks ago and I sotra wanted out but so glad that I when. Was so inspired to make things again. When without a plan but left with an idea that I want to create.
- Getting to hang out with burlesque and belly dancers creating and exchanging ideas on creating crowns, headpieces and costuming. I miss the celebration of creativity and sisterhood of dance. I need to get back into performing at least once a year.
- My body. It’s healing very slowly but it’s healing. Learning to be kind to myself because my time is limited.
- Simi ego boost today. Only in Hollywood, I could be wearing no makeup, hair in a mess bun, my dress half covered in stuff from the workshop, and I have a guy stumbling over himself trying to talk to me at a gas station while getting change for gas. Not a bad looking guy, sort of a ego boost but I wasn’t interested.