“Life is a journey and it’s about growing and changing and coming to terms with who and what you are and loving who and what you are.” –Kelly McGillis
1) My first real vacation in 4-5 years. I got to see the spots that I’ve wanted to see in Florida, parts of Peru, and spent a few days in my friend’s house in New Orleans. Had unexpected challenges on my vacation, as I learned to make the best of it while having to take care of unexpected work and other issues. I worked on learning to be present in the moment.
2) Making it to WCOC driving from LAX to OC. It was nice to see everybody again, even thought I was simi out of it. Love seen how much my friends have grown over the past two years with their speaking skills and how much they have grown. Got some motivation on working on polishing my art/craft/code. Need to think about how I would like to brand myself as I am working on trying to find my niche.
3) Jury duty. It took a lot out of me because I was very fatigued, missing a filling, and I was going to night classes twice a week via metro. However it’s a reminder that I am blessed that I live in the US and this is a small price to pay. Made the best of it while I was there as I was working on learning to be present as much as I can.
4) Everything above from my vacation, to WCOC, and jury duty, all remind me how lucky I am to be able to switch careers at this point of my life. I can’t go start pushing into go into it full time just yet, till I am able to close out from my father’s estate and finish with my current project, which looks like it will be this fall or winter at the latest. Need to be kinder to myself, as I am spread too thin right now and I’m still looking for my niche in the Web/WordPress world as I’m building my coding skills slower then I would like.
5) Will be moving into my new place in 2-3 months. Even thought I’ve been living out of boxes for 7 months, I know at least where I’m going to be living in for the next few years, and I can just focus on working on just build up my web career into a full time career.